“Your gadgets and computers, your software and sites — they are not working as well as they should. You need to make some tweaks. But the tech industry has given you the impression that making adjustments is difficult and time-consuming. It is not. And so below are 10 things to do to improve your technological life. They are easy and (mostly) free. Altogether, they should take about two hours; one involves calling your cable or phone company, so that figure is elastic. If you do them, those two hours will pay off handsomely in both increased free time and diminished anxiety and frustration. You can do it.” Source: 10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Technology – NYTimes.com.
You’ll have to go to the source if you want to hear the Times perspective on the 10 ways you can more effectively manage your technology in the new year — most of the suggestions are sound. You might also want to read this post for some things you can do to get a ‘new’ computer for the new year…
- 80+ Terrific Tech and Gadgets Resources From 2010 (mashable.com)
- Stuff I saved in ‘Reader’ on December 30, 2010 (e1evation.com)
- Top 10 Gadgets Mashable Readers Want This Holiday Season (mashable.com)
- Especially For You: 8 Great Gadgets You Can Personalize (mashable.com)
- 10 Awesome Magazine Subscriptions for Your Favorite Tech Geek (bestcollegesonline.net)