Curated content, or content aggregated from various sources into one comprehensive resource (be it a blog post, an ebook, a presentation, etc.) can be a valuable part of any marketer’s content mix. That said, the process of actually curating it isn’t easy.
There’s a misconception among marketers that curated content is lazy and unoriginal, but we think it’s the complete opposite. It takes time and careful evaluation to create quality curated content, and the result is oftentimes a very valuable piece of content that helps people seeking information on a given topic to cut through the clutter on the web and save time. After all, what’s better than one awesome resource? How about 15 awesome resources? All accessible in one place! There’s a reason art galleries are so popular.
So how can you take advantage of the power of curated content? Here are our top 10 ideas for great curated content.
Go to the source if you want the 10 great ideas. Here are some of my greatest posts and screencasts on the topic of how to do it…
- [Almost] everything I think I know about the mechanics of curation (e1evation.com)
- Curation-ism, Part 1: The Case for Content Curation (business2community.com)
- 5 Steps for Curating B2B Content (hubspot.com)
- Why Content & Curation is Critical to Business with @CC_Chapman [@InboundNow #14] (hubspot.com)
- What Comes First, Content Creation or Curation? (bethkanter.org)